As this blog is very much dedicated to walking the road to Beautiful, it’s just fitting to have a running commentary on what the world views as “beautiful”, “true love”, and “reality”. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t put it past 2 people to fall in love on a tv show any more than eharmony or dating for 4 years. But watching the world’s view of reality makes me A. laugh and B. scream for a reality check. So let the reality begin:
1. Guys will do anything to impress. so ridiculous. so competitive.
2. They’re showing a guy working out, he just found out who the bachelorette is, and he says “I’m gonna win her heart. She’s gonna fall in love with me”, as he does push ups. I don’t think it matters who the girl is, he’s got his game ON.
3. “I’m definitely not afraid of all the other guys….I mean…I’ve killed a bear…” best. line. ever.
4. Do these guys have laser hair removal? I’ve never seen so many hairless chests….
5. “I know it’s going to be hard, but you have to go through the fire to get to the happy ever after.” Yeah, this looks like pretty tough fire to go through…I’ll bet those new clothes and hot guys fighting over you make it a little easier….
6. How exhausting to have to laugh at all 25 guys’ jokes. All night.
7. This girl gave up her job, moved out of apt, “got my priorities straight” – “if I find a husband, it’s all worth it”. I’m afraid she might be disappointed, even if she finds a husband here….there’s one huge priority missing….
8. She mentions giving up her fears and insecurities for this….all the woman out there just gazed longingly at the beautiful woman and 25 datable men on the tv screen and thought “I wish I could get rid of MY fears and insecurities….” YOU CAN! But Jesus is the way. No datable man or beautiful hairstyle will fix that common thread we all share in this fallen world.
9. It’s like the battle of the worst pick-up lines EVER. Who will win?
10. Is it a good thing to have said of you, “she’s like the girl next door”?
12. Oooooh that guy just spoke Spanish. Nice one. Better than any other pick up line.
13. I’ve counted at least 6 pink shirts and 4 pink ties. Manly men wear pink. And they want her to know they’re Manly apparently.
14. 3 guys now have climbed on top of the limo. Men and women truly are different.
15. I like how they all keep saying they’re happy she’s so career-oriented….wait…yup…pretty sure she “gave up that priority”…oops.
16. How do men stand to be on this show? It’s just not in their nature to have to sit back and watch a girl they’re trying to “date” flirt with another man….
17. Rose Ceremonies have so much tension!
18. Aw. That guy thought she was the one. And now feels like a failure. I want him to know there’s more out there than a one-time chance encounter!!!
19. Frank or Roberto. That’s as close as I get to calling it.
20. I’ve never been happier letting God direct my life.